Establishment of a permanent and innovative exhibition center of technical aids for people with low autonomy in Cerignola (FG) – ITALY and of a regional network of competences on aids and accessibility.
FUNDING BODY: Region of Puglia – Councillorship for Welfare Policies
IMPLEMENTATION PERIOD: 29.07.2009 – 31.01.2012
The Center is still running and implementing the following activities:
- Exhibition, demonstration and test of technological aids for people with low autonomy
- Assessment of technical aids prescription appropriateness (under the agreement signed with the local health care unit)
- Information and advice on the choice of technical aids and training on their use
- Information-advice-assistance on home accessibility and adaptation
- Promotion, organisation and participation in public events to disseminate the knowledge and raise the awareness on aids and issues related to accessibility (participation in the “Innovabilia” fair dedicated to innovations aimed at improving the quality of life of people with different abilities held in Foggia in December 2009 and on May 2012, in the “Festival dell’Innovazione” held in Bari on December 2010, in the “AAL – Ambient Assisted Living Forum” held in Lecce on September 2011)
- Promotion and implementation of national and international research projects aimed at improving the quality of life of people with low autonomy.